Are you going to a Super Bowl party this weekend? But are you nervous about the nachos, pizza, and other unmentionables that might be laying around? Don’t be! There are lots of healthy alternatives that you can snack on that will help you stay on track with your New Year’s Resolutions. Here is one delicious alternative that you can bring with you this weekend – or even make enough to share!
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chili Powder
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Create the Filling: Place sunflower seed butter into a bowl, and mix in cumin and chili powder to taste. Suggested ratio: 1 cup sunflower seed butter to 3 tsp cumin and 3 tsp chili powder.
- Create the Crust: In a separate bowl, crush sunflower seeds so they are in smaller pieces and mix them with more cumin and chili powder. *Pro tip: if you have a small food processor/blender on hand it’s much faster than trying to crush the seeds by hand!
- Fill the Jalapenos: Cut jalapeños in half, clear out the seeds. Fill the jalapeño halves with the filling, then press the crust over the soft filling.
- Bake: Place in the oven at 350 degrees until jalapeños are done to your liking [we recommend that you check at 15 minutes]. Then add a small slice of pepper jack cheese to the top of each pepper, place back in the oven until the cheese has melted over the top.